Wednesday, February 27, 2008

They're Back ! ! !

Over the past couple of days our little Bree hasn't been the same. She's been in her own little world and at time I couldn't bring her back to ours. I blamed it on the medication, even though she's been on it for 6 months. Yesterday during therapy I was in one room with Paige while Bree was in another. Bree's theapist asked if I could come into the room; Bree wasn't acting right. I took one look at her and eventhough I'd never seen a seizure other than the spasms, in my heart I knew she was having one. She was sitting in her tumble form chair with drool streaming from her mouth. She was moaning with this absent look in her face. Nothing would snap her out of it. She was like that for about 3 minutes before she "woke-up". I called the neuro right away and he told be she was having complex partial seizures and that she's probably had many before this that went unnoticed. We are increasing her Keppra over the next three days to 3ml BID. If that does not work the neuro will discuss adding a second medication. So I will be keeping a close eye on her the next few days.

No comments: