Friday, May 16, 2008

All about mama!

So I've decided to start a healthy new life. Last week I began eating healthier and being more active. I've been tracking my calories and have joined a support group on www.myfitnesspal.com. So far I've lost 3 pounds and I feel great. I've been walking more (mostly to pick-up Connor from school). That's about 2 miles both ways. I've also done some gardening which has left me pretty sore today. My goal is to loss 40 lbs, which is a pretty big deal for me. Ever since the girls were born I've blamed my weight on "baby fat". 18 months later and I finally accepted the fact that it's not "baby", it's just FAT. So I've committed myself to how ever long this will take. I wanted to join the YMCA, but with my hectic schedule and taking care of 3 kids, I didn't know if I could make it as often as I would like. I'm looking into buying a piece of exercise equipment to use every free chance I get at home. I can finally say that I'm doing something just for me. I've learned that if I don't take time for myself I'll only run myself ragged. So I'm commited to this healthy lifestyle and to feel as good about myself as I did two years ago. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Reagan Leigh said...

I would highly recommend Weight Watchers. After my daughter was born I was waiting for the weight to just come off as it does in some people (I was breastfeeding which is supposed to help)...not for me (of course I gained 60lbs during my pregnancy). I lost 30lbs fairly quickly, but then the weight loss came to a screeching halt. I didn't gain, but I didn't lose either. Then at 5mo my daughter began having seizures and our lives were turned upside down. The last thing on my mind was the weight. But several months later at Thanksgiving I GAINED weight and that was the breaking point. I went on Weight Watchers and so far I've lost 21 of the 30lbs. The last few are the hardest. I'm doing WW online, but if you can get away, it's much better to actually attend the meetings. You get a lot more support and ideas from others that way. Good luck and I wish you and your daughters the best!!!
Tera