Monday, September 24, 2007

Here we go again!

About a week and a half ago Bree was getting big red bumps on her leg. A few days later the cluster moved to her arms. Her pediatrician said they looked like mosquito bites so I left it at that. Thursday she developed a cluster on her cheek that looked so painful. I decided to call the Neurologist and he told me to stop the medication and to give her Benadryl over the weekend. He asked that I call on Monday to discuss and alternate medication. Well on Saturday Bree began to have frequent eye rolling and gazing. She would drop her head and seem unresponsive. These types of seizures are common with the activity found in the occipital lobe. On Sunday I kept a closer eye and noticed it happened quite a few times again. I'm not sure if it was the haulting of medication that brought on the seizures or the allergic reaction. I called the doctor this morning and I'm waiting for his call back. I hope the next medication we try will be more affective. I never would have thought the seizure would come back so quickly. We're also keeping our eye on Paige; her seizures started shortly after Bree's before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey, It's just another bump in the road,Bree will be just fine. give all Granma's angels a big kiss and hug and keep up the awsome job. Connor,Paige and Bree are so lucky to have such great parents. Love Mom xoxoxoxoxo