Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Paige's Surgery

Sorry I haven't written in awhile. My computer has died on me so I have to use the computer at the hospital where my daughter is staying. Yesterday Paige had surgery to remove a part of her skull near her metopic suture. The suture fused prematurely and was preventing her brain from growing. The surgery went well; she needed a blood transfusion (with blood that I was able to donate) and was but on oxygen. The doctors have kept her very comfortable through the help of morphine. She has a 1 1/2 inch incision on the top of her head that was stitched with dissolvable stitches. Her face is a little swollen considering she was so puffy already from the ACTH. She will be in ICU for another day and then move to Special Care for a few days. She took a couple of ounce of formula the evening and kept it down. Her potassium level has been low so they've given her more through her IV. She has an arterial line to monitor her blood pressure with has been a little high. Overall she's doing as expected and we're hoping to have her home soon. She misses her sister and big brother. I will try to keep everyone up to date.

No comments: